As you know by now the Governor and IHSA have cancelled most sporting events for late summer and early fall. At this point Cross Country, Golf and Swimming will continue to be offered at the High School level and we expect the IESA to reverse its decision from last week and allow Softball/Baseball, Golf and Cross Country as well.
As we move forward we want to reiterate that families need to be prepared for another lengthy shutdown of the schools this fall. We have already seen the Governor’s warnings this week and increasing COVID-19 cases and so we can only believe that a shutdown will be imminent if these trends continue. As such this is a great time to determine if your internet and technology access is adequate and if it is not please investigate options that may be available to you. The district is currently working on acquiring hotspots and working on programs with local providers to ensure access for families. If you are unable to garner access please contact your Principals office and let them know your situation. We will ask you several questions to determine who/what companies might be able to offer access and then help you get the access needed to take part in an online distance learning scenario.
There are many things that can change in the next few weeks, as we are constantly affected by decisions made at the National and State Executive levels. We are also being affected by COVID-19 delays in materials and shipping for our current construction projects, technology acquisition and in many cases supplies we will need for sanitation and food preparation. We will do our best to keep everyone up on the latest news so please hang in there and pray for better days and positive decisions.