We advise parents to take the following precautions:
• Become familiar with the “Momo Challenge” and talk to your children about the dangers involved and remind them that “Momo” is not real.
• Remind your child/children that if they come in contact with a “Momo” video, they should tell their parents, guardian or another adult.
• Supervise games that your children are playing.
• Ensure that electronic devices are restricted to age-appropriate content.
• Be especially mindful of videos your children are watching on YouTube or YouTube Kids. Seemingly, age appropriate video portraying nursery rhymes, songs and popular cartoon characters have reported explicit and dangerous suggestions for young children.
• Remind your children not to give out personal information online to anyone that they do not know.
As always, if you have questions or concerns please feel free to call your child’s building administrator to share any information you might have regarding this topic.
Matthew W. Brue